In this age of steel and glass, space has become quite a serious constraint. Lush, green backyard garden with tall trees and colorful shrubs is now a distant dream. Well, that doesn't necessarily mean that you can no longer satiate the desire of your ‘inner gardener'. Simply put, there are now ways to create your small green Eden somewhere at your backyard, front yard, roof top, patio and gazebo. Is your style or personality imaginative, playful and full of color? Do you love nature, art and perhaps an element of whimsy? Why not capture a perfect combination of your style and your love for nature in a unique outdoor space? This article shares ten ideas to help you design a backyard retreat that will reflect your personal creativity.
Dare to be different with some fresh backyard landscaping ideas. Backyard landscaping ideas are legion, and can be used to transform a common old block of land into something quite marvelous. Here they are:
- Backyard Landscaping Ideas 1 - Spanish Style Vertical Garden. A vertical garden will really make your backyard landscaping ideas come to life. Now you can look at a blank wall as if you are an artist about to create a work of art. The blank wall is your blank canvas you will transform into a beautiful living picture of pots and flowering plants that can change into a riot of color all years round. Spanish style flower's pot holders are available that are specially designed to carry plastic or terracotta pots or even wicker work conical baskets. Spanish style flower's pot holders will give a real flavour of the Mediterranean. Spanish style flower's pot holders are inspired by the narrow, winding alleyways of Southern Spain.
- Backyard Landscaping Ideas 2 - Feng Shui Style Garden. In Chinese gardens feng shui is an underlying factor throughout many Chinese gardens. Feng Shui garden landscape designs mostly incorporate mountain (Shan) and water (Shui) energy since the basic of Chinese gardens originated from the art form called Shan Shui, meaning mountain-water.
- Backyard Landscaping Ideas 3 - Patio Backyard Design. There are three type of Patio Backyard Design - Open patios, patios that are enclosed and patio that is placed right outside or connected right your home. Open patio utilized your home's outdoor space by decorating it with different materials and with furniture whereas in closed patio basically use walls commonly glasses wall or sliding wall. The last one of patio design ideas - patio that is placed right outside or connected right your home. The good thing about this patio design is you can easily transfer inside your home then to your patio and vice versa since it is very accessible.
- Backyard Landscaping Ideas 4 - Japanese Backyard Garden. Japanese water gardens are popularly called as koi ponds. Before building these gardens you should think about the material to be used for building them. Some of the great building elements which can help you in designing a pleasant natural garden are Bamboo screens, high stone walls and weathered wood. Other than that, you can choose miniature gardening which include bonsai tree and water elements (ponds).
- Backyard Landscaping Ideas 5 - Foliage Garden. Foliage Garden is the flowerless garden. Do you realize that flowers aren't the only things that can bring color to your backyard? People always talk about the rose garden, the dahlia bed, , no flowers, there are only ferns and heuchera and other leafy things. The fact is Foliage garden can be beautiful alternative of garden which consist of flower.
Once you have your backyard landscape ideas you can start making a plan on how to achieve your backyard goal. If you're planning to landscape your backyard, take time to browse through as many different backyard landscaping ideas as you can to find ideas that not only look good, but fit your personal needs, too. No need to waste your time. Get some backyard landscape ideas and green your home now.